There’s nothing quite like the smell of corned beef and cabbage cooking on the stove or in your oven. It’s a a smell that also makes you want to stay in your apartment and eat your corned beef and cabbage while watching Netflix. You know what I mean?
It’s not just about the food—it’s also about feeling warm, cozy, cozy, cozy on a cold day with a hot meal in front of you. And when you’re done eating it? You feel satisfied but not stuffed—like you could still have room for dessert!
How to Make Corned Beef?
What’s healthier than corned beef for dinner? How about making your own? It’s easy, and it tastes amazing!
Corned beef is cut from the top round of beef, which is what you’ll find at grocery stores. It’s also known as “corned beef brisket,” but this is just one part of the whole process. You’ll need to be able to handle a knife and have access to some meat. If you’re new to cooking with meat, go ahead and order some corned beef from the store if you don’t have time to make your own.
You can also use this recipe for making a quick canned corned beef dish from scratch. Either way, the process is simple.
Canned Corned Beef | Quick Dinner Recipe
- 1 can corned beef
- 1 cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large baking dish, combine the cabbage, onion, and garlic.
- Add the beef broth, vinegar, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper to the dish and mix well to combine.
- Place the can of corned beef on top of the cabbage mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender and the corned beef is heated through.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Corned Beef & Cabbage | Serving Suggestions
Here are a few ideas for serving a canned corned beef and cabbage dish:
1. Serve the dish with boiled potatoes or crusty bread on the side.
2. Thinly slice the corned beef and serve it on top of a bed of mashed potatoes.
3. Use the corned beef and cabbage as a filling for savory pastries like empanadas or pies.
4. Chop the corned beef and cabbage and mix it into scrambled eggs or an omelette for a protein-packed breakfast.
5. Serve the corned beef and cabbage over rice or noodles for a simple, hearty meal.
6. Use the corned beef and cabbage as a topping for a baked potato or as a filling for tacos or burritos.
7. Make sliders with the corned beef and cabbage by slicing the corned beef and placing it on small rolls with cheese and your choice of condiments. Bake the sliders in the oven until the cheese is melted and the rolls are toasty.
Corned beef & cabbage is a classic comfort food. You’ll have to be patient while the meat is cooking, but it’s easy and delicious once it’s done!